Anatomical Ceramic Sculptures by Mexican artist Maria Garcia-Ibanez.
Photographs taken inside musical instruments making them look like large and spacious rooms.
Woodcut prints by Bryan Nash Gill
Tokujin Yoshioka often transforms simple everyday objects into beautiful creations. This is apparent in his piece Tornado that he installed in Miami using 2 million plastic straws.
Installation artwork translates well to 2-d platforms such as tumblr because it encourages you to imagine how the space must look. So dedicate some time to observing this work slowly.
What do you think about Yoshioka’s installation?
Chad Wys - At the Museum (2010)
Paul Octavious - Birds of Aperture (2006-12)
Erik Johansson painted this amazing optical illusion of height on the street of Stockholm.
Illustrations by Ileana Hunter
- Sonya & Orest for DressCode Magazine (September 2010), Valeria Lazareva
- Untitled, Joshua Foster. On Tumblr
- Le Louvre et ses visiteurs, Alécio de Andrade
- Favourite Place, Hannah & Landon Metz
- Art Appreciation, Chuck Burgess
- Boston (Summer 1972), Nick DeWolf
- Museo del Prado, Madrid (1995), Elliott Erwitt